Author Sign-ups are Open until December 4th.
Are you an author who would like to participate in the New Adult Scavenger Hunt?
Please read the following requirements and fill out the submission form if you wish to participate.
*Content Disclaimer: This blog hop consists of a diverse range of New Adult topics and plotlines for audiences 18 years or older. Participating authors are randomly assigned to the author they are hosting.
- Each participating author must provide a Kindle e-copy of at least one book to one grand prize winner. This is an international contest.
- Each participating author must provide exclusive content for a post for the participating readers to find during the hunt.
- Each participating author must host the exclusive content of another author on his or her website.
- Each participating author should be able to update, advertise, and ensure that his or her website is in working order throughout the duration of the hunt.
- All content for the hunt must be submitted to hosting author one week before the hunt.
- Each participating author should be available via email, twitter, or Facebook two hours prior to and after the start of the hunt to accommodate last minute changes or updates.
- Authors who cannot meet these requirements may be excluded from the current or later hunts.
- If for any reason you cannot participate and you have already signed up, you have until 10 days before the scavenger start date to contact us at newadultscavengerhunt (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Final selection of participating authors in the hunt is up to the discretion of the organizers.
- Authors interested in participating in the New Adult Scavenger Hunt must fill out the form below three weeks prior to the upcoming hunt.
- For questions on participating, please contact newadultscavengerhunt (at) gmail (dot) com.
How to Get a Direct URL of a Photograph:
This is important! We direct code all the photographs using html. If we don’t get the correct URL or if one is not provided, then your author picture and book cover will not be in any of the promotional material.
- Go to a website that has the picture you want on it.
- Right-click on the picture (Mac Users: Control-Click on the picture).
- Select “Open Image in a New Tab” (or, depending on your browser, “Open Image in a New Window”).
- This should open a new tab or window that only shows the one image and nothing else on the screen.
- Copy the web address that shows on the screen that only shows your picture. This web address would end in either .jpg, .gif, or .png (Example: https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1394876238l/19469776.jpg). If it does not end in one of those three sets of letters, then the link is not a direct URL (Example: https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/19469776-son-of-set).
- If you have any question, please let us know in the comments here.
Important note: we are going to hot-link the photographs using those direct links to create the content on our website. That means you should only give us the links that you own–something from your own websites, for example.