Welcome! If you have never participated in a Scavenger Hunt before than this page is for you.
Hunting is a great way to discover new authors and their books! It’s also fun to get to know each author and read exclusive content. Not to mention all the amazing chances at prizes you could win.
The New Adult Scavenger Hunt will run twice a year. Once in the end of June and once in the end of December (Thursday through Sunday). So you have three full days to participate.
We open author registration 6-8 weeks before each hunt. If you have a favorite new adult author, this would be the time to reach out to them through Twitter or Facebook and encourage them to sign up.
Author registration closes and teams are announced 1-2 weeks before the hunt begins. This gives everyone time to get their material together and work out the kinks beforehand.
On Thursday at noon (US EST) all authors’ posts go live and the hunt begins!
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
- Pick a team or a specific author. Start there. Go to their site (we link to each author’s sites here at New Adult Scavenger Hunt).
- Find their New Adult Scavenger Hunt post. It should be super easy to tell which one it is because it will have our graphic on it.
- Read their post which will include an author bio, book info, exclusive content, (not always but in most cases) a giveaway, and a link to another author’s webpage.
- Look for a number on the post. This could be big and colored. It could be “you need to know…” It should be pretty easy to figure out which number you need to know. Write this number down.
- Click the link at the bottom of the post so you can continue the hunt within that same team.
- Repeat steps 2-5 until you have visited all the authors for one team.
- Add up the numbers that you collected from all the authors of one team. Visit our ENTER HERE page, find the appropriate Rafflecopter, and submit your entry.
- Repeat for every team that you want.
- Optionally, watch your TBR (to be read) list grow.
TIPS AND HINTS
Not all authors are going to host personal giveaways.
If you can’t find where you should be going, you can always visit our Stuck? page for help.
If you are still confused or have more questions, leave a comment! We want to provide everyone a wonderful experience.